- Associated Press - Friday, January 24, 2014

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) - Family members say they have taken a man off life support who had been critically wounded while trying to help robbery victims in Detroit.

WXYZ-TV reported (https://bit.ly/1dACLQ8 ) Thursday night that 61-year-old Calvin Robinson was removed from life support at a hospital in the Detroit suburb of Southfield. Robinson was shot Aug. 12 after trying to help two women being mugged near downtown’s Renaissance Center.

His wife, Sharon Robinson, says family members “kept hoping and hoping” but doctors said there was nothing else they could do.

Nobody else was injured.

No arrests have been made, and police still seek the public’s help in solving the case.


Information from: WXYZ-TV, https://www.wxyztv.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide