- Associated Press - Friday, January 31, 2014

KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) - School officials say a Kennebunk, Maine, student suffered minor burns when her cell phone caught fire in her pocket.

The eighth-grader at was taken to the hospital for treatment on Friday. The principal of the Kennebunk Middle School sent an email to parents.

The principal says the incident happened shortly after students went to their first class. Staff helped the student and called firefighters and rescue workers.

The principal says emergency crews praised the student for doing the “stop, drop and roll” move which helped put out the fire, according to the Portland Press Herald (https://bit.ly/1fiLLMp).

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald, https://www.pressherald.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide