Convicted felon Jeremy Meeks is facing weapons charges in California, but no one seems to care about his crimes, because they’re too busy staring into his baby blues.
Mr. Meeks was one of four men arrested by the Stockton Police Department Wednesday as part of an operation intended to crack down on an increase in robberies and shootings in the Weston Ranch area.
The department posted Mr. Meeks’ mugshot yesterday on its Facebook page, and since then, the photograph has gone viral. It’s already garnered several thousand comments, most of them praising his handsome attributes. Here’s a sample of what Facebook members are saying:
- “WOWSA!! This criminal has FINE written all over him lol Cold shower time.”
- “[L]ike can we start a petition to bail and him out and make him a model. or something. he’s too fine to be locked away.”
- “Wow such a good looking criminal.”
- “Hey Police dept, I want a poster size mugshot so i can put on my ceiling over my bed! thank you!”
- “Sexy lips!! Set him free.”
One of his admirers even went so far as to create a fan page on Facebook for Mr. Meeks, which has already garnered over 3,000 “likes.”
Most of the commenters were fans of Mr. Meeks, but not everyone approved.
- “Pretty on the outside, doesn’t mean pretty on the inside,” said one commenter.
- “Remember evil is of the devil, looking good is so great ? What good is he to you in jail no job no money no Jesus so sad,” said another.
Mr. Meeks is currently being held in the San Joaquin County Jail on $900,000 bail, according to ABC News 10.