- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 11, 2014

BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) - Brazil’s defense minister says it is prepared to fend off cyber-attacks during the World Cup.

Celso Amorim said on Tuesday the country’s defense strategy against cyber threats has already been put to test during recent major events, including last year during the pope’s visit and the Confederations Cup.

Amorim said officials were able to avoid major disruptions.

The minister said we “obviously have to be on alert, but we are prepared against any attack that my happen during the World Cup.”

Some hacker groups have already made threats of attacks during football’s showcase event that begins in June, including the group called Anonymous.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide