- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 11, 2014

FORT CARSON, Colo. (AP) - The Army says a Fort Carson brigade commander has been cleared in an investigation and he will be allowed to rejoin his troops for deployment to Afghanistan

The Colorado Springs Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/1ixwo4D ) that Col. Brian Pearl was suspended from his duties during a recent investigation that post officials would not provide details on.

In a statement released Tuesday the Army says unspecified allegations were unsubstantiated and Pearl has resumed his duties as commander of 4th Brigade Combat Team.

The brigade held a farewell ceremony last week before heading for Afghanistan.

Pearl’s brigade of 3,500 soldiers will be one of the final American combat units in Afghanistan. Its soldiers are set to train Afghans, provide security and oversee the removal of American equipment.

___

Information from: The Gazette, https://www.gazette.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide