- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ENFIELD, N.H. (AP) - A 4-year-old girl playing outside of a home day care in New Hampshire has died after her coat got stuck on a branch and began choking her.

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center confirmed the death of Willa Shine Clark on Wednesday.

Police Chief Richard Crate Jr. told WMUR-TV (https://bit.ly/NSQ6hs) that the Enfield day care provider had stepped away for just a few moments when the child got hung up on a “lean-to-type” stick with her jacket on Monday. He said it might have gotten caught and that cut off her airway.

WMUR-TV reported that the day care was operating without a license.

The provider started CPR and called 911. The girl died at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center on Wednesday.

Police have said no criminal charges are being considered at this time.

___

Information from: WMUR-TV, https://wmur.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide