- Associated Press - Thursday, March 27, 2014

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - A San Manuel man accused of a fatal road-rage shooting in Tucson last year has been acquitted of all charges.

David Arnold Mota was found not guilty Wednesday of charges that included first-degree murder, drive-by shooting and aggravated assault.

He was tried for the February 2013 shooting death of 22-year-old Joshua Stephen Switalski.

The 22-year-old Mota says he accidentally cut off Switalski on a Tucson road.

The Arizona Daily Star reports (https://bit.ly/1dRvT2C) Switalski was driving with his girlfriend. He pulled his car next to Moto’s where a verbal argument escalated.



A defense attorney says Switalski was so angry that Mota became scared and fired his handgun from his car. One of the shots struck Switalski.

Prosecutors scoffed at the claim of self-defense, noting Mota didn’t call police after the incident.

___

Information from: Arizona Daily Star, https://www.azstarnet.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide