- Associated Press - Monday, March 31, 2014

PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. (AP) - Fire officials in southeastern Pennsylvania say smoking in bed is to blame for a fire that has left 20 people homeless.

Chester County Fire Marshal Harrison Holt also said Monday that the fire in Phoenixville caused $300,000 in damage.

It took firefighters an hour to bring the blaze under control early Sunday at the multi-unit building, which consisted of three attached row homes.

No one was hurt.

Red Cross spokesman Dave Schrader said three affected families are staying in a hotel and are being provided with clothing and food.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide