- Associated Press - Sunday, March 9, 2014

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - Fire officials say Kennewick fire crews followed department protocol before they left the scene of an apartment fire last month that eventually rekindled.

The Tri-City Herald reports (https://is.gd/VZFKWk ) that the investigation into two fires Feb. 12 found firefighters made sure the first blaze was out before leaving.

No residents were injured. One firefighter was treated at a local hospital.

Kennewick Fire Chief Neil Hines says there were no breaches of fire department policy.

The first blaze started shortly before 8:45 p.m. The fire was under control within an hour and the last fire truck left the scene at 11:18 p.m.

Crews were called back around 3 a.m. as a second fire engulfed the building’s roof.

Officials said the second fire started somewhere in the attic.


Information from: Tri-City Herald, https://www.tri-cityherald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide