- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 8, 2014

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The FBI says federal prosecutors won’t bring charges against a California woman who was removed from a plane in New Orleans after officials say she made a bomb threat during a SkyWest flight.

FBI spokeswoman Mary Beth Romig says that after federal investigators questioned the 31-year-old woman from Anaheim, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office detained her for evaluation. She said earlier that the FBI did not consider the alleged threats credible.

SkyWest says 70 passengers were on Flight 6388 from Houston to Miami on Wednesday. It was diverted to the New Orleans airport shortly after 9:15 a.m. SkyWest spokeswoman Marissa Snow says it left again about 11:15 a.m. for Miami.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide