- The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Hillary Clinton’s campaign said Mrs. Clinton “looks forward” to participating in all three presidential debates and said Donald Trump’s campaign has been engaged in “shenanigans” about the schedule.

“It is concerning that the Trump campaign is already engaged in shenanigans around these debates,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in a statement Monday evening. “It is not clear if he is trying to avoid debates, or merely toying with the press to create more drama.”

Mr. Trump has objected that two of the debates are scheduled to take place at the same time as prime-time NFL games.

“As usual, Hillary & the Dems are trying to rig the debates so 2 are up against major NFL games. Same as last time w/ Bernie. Unacceptable!” Mr. Trump tweeted last month.

“Either way, our campaign is not interested in playing along with a debate about debates or bargaining around them,” Mr. Podesta said.

“The only issue now is whether Donald Trump is going to show up to debate at the date, times, places and formats set by the commission last year through a bipartisan process,” he said. “We will accept the commission’s invitation and expect Donald Trump to do the same.”

The first debate is scheduled for Monday, Sept. 26, at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. The Atlanta Falcons play the New Orleans Saints that night.

The Commission on Presidential Debates unveiled the dates for the three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate last September.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide