- Associated Press - Thursday, December 22, 2016

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A fire has displaced a family from a Lincoln home.

The blaze was reported around 5:20 p.m. Wednesday in northwest Lincoln. One person was treated at the scene for smoke exposure.

Fire inspector Chuck Schweitzer blamed careless smoking in a bedroom for the fire, which spread quickly to oxygen tanks in the room.

Schweitzer estimated $70,000 damage to the house and $35,000 to $40,000 damage to contents. He says the Red Cross is helping the family.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide