- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 1, 2016

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Prosecutors have dropped a weapons charge against a Fort Bragg soldier who carried an AR-15 automatic rifle into a North Carolina mall for a photo shoot and triggered a lockdown.

The Fayetteville Observer reports (https://bit.ly/2foogNj) that the Cumberland County District Attorney said the charge against 25-year-old Bryan Wolfinger was dismissed last week.

Wolfinger was arrested in July 2015 and charged with “going armed to the terror of the public” when he carried the gun into a photo shop in the Cross Creek Mall.

District Attorney Billy West said investigators determined Wolfinger had the store’s permission to carry the gun in for a photo shoot. The infantryman with the 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 82nd Airborne Division said he wanted pictures for a casting call for a “Captain America” movie.

___

Information from: The Fayetteville Observer, https://www.fayobserver.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide