- Associated Press - Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NORFOLK, Neb. (AP) - A new trial date has been granted a Norfolk woman accused of causing her daughter’s death.

Online court records say a judge approved 22-year-old Carla Montoya’s request on Monday. Earlier trial dates had been set in July and September. The trial’s now scheduled to begin Jan. 10 in Madison County District Court.

Court documents say Montoya told Norfolk investigators that she had tossed her 4-year-old daughter, Caylee, into a bed three times on March 12. Montoya said she thought her daughter may have hit her head on the bed frame or a wall.

Montoya’s pleaded not guilty to intentional child abuse resulting in death.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide