- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 29, 2016

SEDONA, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say a Sedona family was sickened by carbon monoxide leaking from their home furnace.

KPHO-TV reports (https://bit.ly/2gFr5q0 ) that Sedona Fire District units were called to the family’s home on Monday morning because a man was experiencing nausea and lightheadedness.

A news release from the agency says Captain Brian Ford realized there could be a dangerous accumulation of carbon monoxide in the home and a gas monitor confirmed his suspicions.

Five people were taken to the Verde Valley Medical Center and two children who had been picked up for school were taken there as well.

The fire district says carbon monoxide detectors can help prevent situations like this. Carbon monoxide can be deadly but the gas is colorless and odorless.

___

Information from: KPHO-TV, https://www.kpho.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide