- Associated Press - Saturday, October 15, 2016

GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - Officials in western Pennsylvania say a home that was the scene of a fatal triple-shooting and subsequent fire six years ago could soon be demolished.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (https://bit.ly/2dE7YdS ) reports that a Westmoreland County judge ruled earlier this month that the Calumet home could be torn down. Township officials called the structure a safety hazard.

Solicitor Les Mlaker said officials hope to have it torn down before the end of the year. He said supervisors on Monday will approve an agreement with the county’s redevelopment authority to manage the project.

The home was the scene of a June 2010 shooting that injured a woman and a teenage girl and killed a passing motorist who stopped to help. Raymond Piper was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.

___

Information from: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, https://pghtrib.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide