- Associated Press - Monday, October 31, 2016

MANITOWOC, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a carbon monoxide incident in Manitowoc has sent 17 people to the hospital.

The incident happened Monday morning on a block that includes the Manitowoc County Republican Party headquarters, a cafe, an appliance store and a jewelry store.

Ten of the sickened lived on the upper level of the buildings. Seven other victims were in Susie Kay’s Cafe.

Fire Chief Todd Blaser said authorities were still looking for the source of the carbon monoxide leak.

The victims’ conditions weren’t immediately known, but Blaser is hopeful everyone will recover. At least one person had to be airlifted to an area hospital.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide