- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 12, 2017

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - Authorities say a woman suffered burns after an electronic cigarette caught fire in her lap as she was driving in Tempe.

Police say the woman had been backing out a driveway on Tuesday when the e-cigarette ignited, causing her to jump out of the SUV. The vehicle continued moving, hopped a curb and then struck a tree.

The unidentified woman was taken to a hospital for burns to her leg.

The Tempe Fire Department says the fire was put out before crews arrived.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide