By Associated Press - Saturday, April 22, 2017

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Two teenage boys accused of fatally shooting a man during an attempted robbery have been indicted on felony murder charges.

Mercer County prosecutors say 17-year-old Divon Ray and 18-year-old Zakeem Brown also face murder, robbery and weapons counts in the indictment handed up by a county grand jury.

The Trenton teens are charged in the May 2016 death of Ricardo Montalvan. Authorities have said the 23-year-old Trenton man was sitting in his car when he was shot in a parking lot.



Ray was 16 and Brown was 17 when the shooting occurred. Their cases were moved to adult court and they remain jailed on $250,000 bail each.

Brown’s attorney has said the defendants had previously been threatened by Montalvan and his nephew. He says they didn’t intend to kill Montalvan.

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Story Topics

Please read our comment policy before commenting.