- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 26, 2017

BOURNE, Mass. (AP) - Authorities say smoking is to blame for a March 17 house fire that killed a 65-year-old woman in Bourne.

The state fire marshal’s office said Wednesday that the fire started on a living room couch at the Alona Avenue home and was caused by smoking materials.

A woman identified as Maureen Marzelli-White was killed in the fire. Firefighters, police and neighbors tried to rescue her, but couldn’t due to heavy smoke and flames.

Marzelli-White’s dog also died in the blaze, but a cat survived.

The fire was investigated by Bourne’s police and fire departments and the Massachusetts State Police.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide