- Associated Press - Wednesday, April 26, 2017

CAPE CORAL, Fla. (AP) - A utility worker has died after being electrocuted while working on power lines in Cape Coral.

Fire rescue officials said the unidentified victim was working on power lines near city hall Tuesday morning when he inadvertently touched a high-voltage line.

Fire Division Chief of Operations Mike Russell told the News-Press (https://tinyurl.com/mrm6rmy ) the post office lost power, and it caused an air conditioner to short out and send smoke through the building. The post office closed until power was restored.

County officials said the man worked for MasTec Utility Services. Florida Occupational Safety and Health Office and Cape Coral Police are investigating.

___

Information from: The (Fort Myers, Fla.) News-Press, https://www.news-press.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide