- Associated Press - Thursday, April 27, 2017

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - Police have identified a man who died when his tent caught fire in a homeless encampment in South Portland, Maine.

Police say they used a DNA comparison with a family member to identify 48-year-old Rodney Jewell, whose remains were found earlier this month. The state medical examiner’s office concluded the death was accidental and caused by carbon monoxide poisoning from smoke and soot.

The fire was spotted by a passerby early on April 3. Firefighter found the body after they extinguished the fire 100 feet (30 meters) from a roadway.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide