- Associated Press - Friday, April 7, 2017

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Federal authorities say a 42-year-old man who had been sought on arson and attempted murder charges in the Las Vegas area was arrested trying to enter the U.S. from Mexico using a visa that wasn’t his.

U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement said Friday that Antonio Perez is a U.S. citizen, but was stopped for questioning Wednesday when an officer at a border entry in the San Diego area noticed inconsistencies in the photo on the visa.

Officials said fingerprint records showed Perez was sought on warrants in a 2015 attempted murder and domestic battery with a weapon case in Las Vegas and in an arson case in North Las Vegas.

Perez was being held at a San Diego jail pending his transfer in custody to southern Nevada.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide