- Associated Press - Thursday, August 17, 2017

CLARE, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a 19-year-old Amish man who died while working on a mid-Michigan farm was accidentally electrocuted.

MLive.com reports Alvin James Yoder was trying to clear out an area of a grain bin with a metal pole Aug. 5 when the pole came into contact with an overhead power lines. Clare County Undersheriff Dwayne Miedzianowski says Yoder died of his injuries.

The accident took place on a farm near Clare, about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

___

Information from: The Grand Rapids Press:MLive.com, https://www.mlive.com



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide