- Associated Press - Tuesday, August 29, 2017

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - Two dozen residents of a Grand Forks apartment building were forced to evacuate after a grease fire broke out in an empty apartment.

Fire crews tell WDAZ-TV that a pan of grease was left on a running stove in a ground-floor apartment at Oak Manor Apartments on Monday. The occupants of the apartment weren’t home when the fire broke out and produced heavy smoke.

A person in a neighboring apartment was treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation. There were no other injuries, and fire officials say damage from the fire was minimal.

___

Information from: WDAZ-TV, https://wdaz.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide