- Associated Press - Wednesday, August 9, 2017

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - A man who worked at Gillette Stadium has been charged with making a false bomb threat against the home of the New England Patriots.

The Sun-Chronicle reports (https://bit.ly/2frDn9a ) that 25-year-old Ryan Ringuette, of Attleboro, pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Wrentham District Court.

Ringuette’s supervisor told police he sent her an email which she interpreted as a bomb threat. Officials say Ringuette did not have access to bomb-making materials.

Ringuette worked for TeamOps, which provides security and other services at arenas. A police report says he had been suspended from his job for making similar threats.

A lawyer representing Ringuette declined to comment on the charges.

Ringuette was accused of threatening an attack at Attleboro High School in 2012. He received a suspended six-month jail sentence.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide