- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 15, 2017

MALDEN, Mass. (AP) - Fire officials say an elderly man and woman were killed after their apartment caught fire in suburban Boston.

Authorities say the blaze in Malden broke out around 11 p.m. on Tuesday. Crews were able to subdue the fire quickly.

A man was pronounced dead at the scene, and his wife later died from her injuries at Massachusetts General Hospital. Authorities did not identify either victim.

Fire officials say the fire began in the living room near a couch and was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials. Investigators found that there were no working smoke or carbon monoxide alarms in the home.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide