- Associated Press - Saturday, February 18, 2017

SUNSET, Utah (AP) - Authorities say overheating from overloading a power outlet caused a house fire that claimed the lives of former Sunset Mayor John Nicholas and his wife Nada.

Sunset Fire Chief Anthony Bott told the Standard-Examiner (https://goo.gl/BeJ3Gu ) of Ogden that two surge protectors were plugged into each other, sparking the Feb. 10 fire.

John Nicholas was 94 and Nada Nicholas was 93. They’d live in the home for seven decades.

John Nicholas was on the Sunset City Council for 18 years and mayor for 10 years. He also served as a bishop and stake president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide