- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 11, 2017

MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - One person has been hurt in an apartment fire in Mason City.

The Globe Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/2idHyGk ) that the fire occurred Tuesday night. Firefighters were called to the apartment just before 7:30 p.m. on a report of a stove exploding, but officials say it was actually a grease fire.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames, and one person was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

The medical condition and name of the person injured have not been released.

Officials say the unit suffered about $1,000 in damage.


Information from: Globe Gazette, https://www.globegazette.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide