- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 11, 2017

LONDONDERRY, N.H. (AP) - State officials in New Hampshire have identified an 85-year-old man who died in an apartment fire in Londonderry.

The state fire marshal’s office says Frank Bitel died at a hospital after the early Monday fire.

The blaze began in Bitel’s kitchen. He was found in a bedroom. No one else was hurt.

An autopsy revealed Bitel’s death was an accident caused by smoke inhalation.

Investigators say there weren’t any working smoke detectors in Bitel’s apartment.

The fire was contained to two apartments in the eight-unit building in the Cohas Landing Adult Living Community.

Fire officials tell The Eagle-Tribune two apartments were left uninhabitable.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide