- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 17, 2017

PECK, Idaho (AP) - An 80-year-old woman died in a house fire in northern Idaho after the homeowner used an accelerant to start a fire in a wood-burning stove.

The Lewiston Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/2ixoxPa ) that Carla Hillman died Sunday in the blaze that completely destroyed the single-wide mobile home she shared with her husband, 81-year-old Glen Hillman, in Peck.

According to the Nez Perce County Sheriff’s Office, Glen Hillman attempted to start a fire in their wood stove using an accelerant such as kerosene or gasoline. When the stove ignited, it blew the door off the wood stove and started a fire in the residence.

Glen Hillman suffered burns to his face and arms. A witness helped him escape the home but efforts to save Carla Hillman were unsuccessful.

___

Information from: Lewiston Tribune, https://www.lmtribune.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide