- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 17, 2017

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) - Fire officials in Hagerstown say a sprinkler system could have prevented the death of a man in an apartment fire last week.

The Hagerstown Fire Department says 41-year-old Francisco Louis Albright died of smoke inhalation as a result of a fire in the apartment’s kitchen.

According to The Herald-Mail (https://bit.ly/2j4CRuI ), city fire marshal Doug DeHaven says a sprinkler system “clearly” would have prevented Albright’s death.

Albright was the only occupant of the apartment above a former restaurant. His cat also died in the Wednesday fire.


Information from: The Herald-Mail of Hagerstown, Md., https://www.herald-mail.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide