- Associated Press - Friday, January 20, 2017

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - A Charleston man has pleaded guilty in a shooting death on Johns Island in 2015.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reported (https://bit.ly/2jRwT0S) that 24-year-old Samuri Stanley has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the death of 38-year-old Dwayne Blake.

Defense attorney Jason Mikell said Stanley was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Stanley was originally charged with murder and possession of a gun during a violent crime. His trial began Tuesday and ended with the guilty plea to a lesser charge Thursday.

Blake was shot Jan. 17, 2015, following an argument with Stanley.

Police said Blake had been involved in a confrontation with Stanley’s girlfriend, who walked away but returned with Stanley. The shooting followed another confrontation between Blake and the woman.

___

Information from: The Post and Courier, https://www.postandcourier.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide