- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 31, 2017

BERLIN (AP) - German investigators say six teenagers whose bodies were found at a garden house in Bavaria died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Wuerzburg prosecutors and police said Tuesday they still are working to determine the source of the gas and what caused it to leak.

Investigators have said a wood-fired stove was in use at the house.

The owner of the garden in Arnstein, some 75 kilometers (47 miles) east of Frankfurt, found the bodies of his son, daughter and four other young men on Sunday morning. All were aged 18 or 19.

He went to the house after failing to reach his children, who had held a party there on Saturday night. Investigators ordered autopsies and blood tests on the bodies.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide