- Associated Press - Friday, January 6, 2017

URBANA, Ohio (AP) - Officials say some students and staff members were treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at a school building in western Ohio after a problem with the building’s heating system.

Urbana Fire Chief Mark Keller says no serious injuries were reported from the carbon monoxide leak Friday at the Urbana City Schools building that houses the district’s junior and senior high schools. Keller says at least 12 students were transported to hospitals to be checked.

Those affected by the carbon monoxide complained of headaches and watery eyes

The chief says the high levels of the odorless gas resulted from a leak in a boiler in the building that was evacuated and vented.

Schools Superintendent Charles Thiel says classes were dismissed for the day.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide