- Associated Press - Monday, January 9, 2017

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Fire officials say an elderly man has died after a fire broke out inside his Reno apartment and left 19 people displaced.

KRNV-TV reports (https://bit.ly/2iY8Obo ) that Reno fire Chief Mike Pilcher says the Sunday fire was started by a cigarette the victim had been smoking in bed. Fire crews responded and the man was taken to a hospital with serious injuries and later died.

The victim has not yet been identified.

Pilcher says the 19 apartment complex residents who have been displaced are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

___

Information from: KRNV-TV, https://www.mynews4.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide