- Associated Press - Friday, July 14, 2017

LOVINGTON, N.M. (AP) - Federal safety regulators are investigating the death of a Texas teenager who is suspected to have died from electrocution in New Mexico after her plugged-in cellphone made its way into the bathtub she was in.

Hobbs News-Sun reports (https://bit.ly/2tTWOdI ) the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is investigating to find out if any products played a role on Sunday in 14-year-old Madison Coe’s death.

Authorities say Madison, a Lubbock resident, was visiting at her father’s house in Lovington when she died. Family members say Coe was found in a tub holding her cellphone that was plugged into an extension cord beside the bathtub.

Emergency personnel attempted life-saving measures at the scene, in the ambulance and at the hospital before she was pronounced dead.


Information from: Hobbs News-Sun, https://www.hobbsnews.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide