- Associated Press - Thursday, July 20, 2017

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - Fire in a three-unit apartment building in Aberdeen prompted the evacuation of seven residents.

The American News reports (https://bit.ly/2ttLiJn ) that the blaze broke out about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. Fire and Rescue Battalion Commander Joel Weig says a bathroom ceiling fan overheated, and flames spread to nearby insulation and attic trusses.

No injuries were reported. The evacuated residents were put up at a hotel overnight. Weig says the apartment where the fire occurred needs repairs, but the residents of the other two units will be able to return.

___

Information from: Aberdeen American News, https://www.aberdeennews.com



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide