- Associated Press - Thursday, July 20, 2017

TUPELO, Miss. (AP) - Firefighters say a blaze has damaged a motel in Mississippi.

Local news outlets report that Tupelo firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to a fire at the Town House Motel. Tupelo fire Chief Thomas Walker says everyone was cleared out and that no flames were in any rooms as the blaze was all in the attic.

Walker says that firefighters had punched through the ceiling and were able to contain the fire.

Hotel manager Badel Kalyanji says that 911 was called after white smoke was seen coming out of the roof.

Kalyanji says it’s uncertain what happened and that once the fire department says it’s safe to re-enter they will begin assessing damage to the building.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide