- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 5, 2017

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - A Boise fire official says two apartments in a three-story building have been burned after fireworks ignited a second-floor balcony.

The Idaho Statesman reports (https://bit.ly/2tqaygi ) firefighters went to the blaze Wednesday morning. No people were in the apartment where the fire began and it was unknown if aerial or “safe and sane” fireworks started the fire.

Authorities say one resident was treated for a “breathing issue,” but no other injuries were reported.

The fire was out within an hour of firefighters responding. The displaced families will be helped by the Boise Fire Department Burnout Fund, which will provide motel rooms for those who don’t have other places to stay.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, https://www.idahostatesman.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide