- Associated Press - Friday, July 7, 2017

BICKNELL, Ind. (AP) - Officials say a kitchen fire at a southwestern Indiana home that that served as an animal shelter left four dogs and three cats dead.

The Vincennes Sun-Commercial reports (https://bit.ly/2sV9XBm ) the Indiana Fire Marshal’s Office investigated Thursday and determined that Wednesday’s fire in Bicknell was accidental.

North Knox Animal Shelter founder Jackie Rogers says the animals included some personal pets. She says a dog she was fostering was outside and survived. The nonprofit has operated out of her home office for two years and the fire caused severe damage.

Rogers wasn’t home at the time of the fire. She says the shelter plans to regroup, but says other agencies should be asked to help with animals in the meantime.

___

Information from: Vincennes Sun-Commercial, https://www.vincennes.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide