- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 14, 2017

ARCHBALD, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say a fire that damaged a northeastern Pennsylvania home was sparked by hot ash from a wood burner.

The (Scranton) Times-Tribune (https://bit.ly/2mFX6l8 ) reports that state police in Lackawanna County say the ash was placed into a plastic cart next to the Jefferson Township home.

Police said the ash ignited the cart Monday night and spread to nearby shrubbery, then to the home’s siding, eaves and attic. A resident tried to put the flames with fire extinguishers, but he and his wife were forced to flee.

No injuries were reported. Chief Don Wallace of the township’s volunteer fire company said damage was concentrated on the left side and roof of the residence.

___



Information from: The Times-Tribune, https://thetimes-tribune.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide