- Associated Press - Friday, May 19, 2017

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) - San Bernardino Police have arrested a former Rialto High School student who is believed to be connected to a social media post threatening to “shoot up” the school.

The Press-Enterprise reported (https://bit.ly/2qFjf4R ) Thursday that Police Lt. Mike Madden says the man who made the online threat “has been identified, located and taken into custody.”

The threat had warned students not to attend school on Friday. The former student is accused of writing: “I will enter and shoot people on sight. Warn friends and tell people who deserve to die to go to school Friday.”

Madden says the former student is expected to face criminal threats and obstruction charges. He did not say whether guns had been found at the former student’s house.


Information from: The Press-Enterprise, https://www.pe.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide