- Associated Press - Thursday, May 4, 2017

GLASTONBURY, Conn. (AP) - Doctors say heat, not a gas exposure, likely caused about a dozen students to become sick at a Connecticut elementary school.

Eastbury Elementary School in Glastonbury was evacuated Thursday morning after students attending a choir rehearsal reported feeling faint.

School Superintendent Alan Bookman says officials were investigating whether there may have been a problem with the school’s ventilation system. The school was tested for a possible carbon monoxide problem, but officials say nothing harmful was detected.

Dr. Steven Rogers, with the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford, says 12 students were brought there and were treated for symptoms possibly caused by overheating due to poor ventilation.

The rest of the school’s approximately 250 students were sent to a nearby school to be reunited with their parents.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide