By Associated Press - Monday, May 8, 2017

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - A Billings man has pleaded guilty to negligent homicide for shooting his neighbor to death in 2015.

The Billings Gazette reports https://goo.gl/0sr5oK 64-year-old Jose Cobos struck a deal with prosecutors and pleaded guilty Thursday in the October 2015 death of 52-year-old Mark Kirby. Cobos says he does not remember exactly what happened, but he acknowledged mishandling his gun and killing Kirby.

Prosecutors said Cobos and Kirby were in Cobos’ garage early on Oct. 10 when Kirby’s wife heard a loud bang. She went across the street where she found her husband had been shot.



Officers reported Cobos was highly intoxicated.

___

Information from: The Billings Gazette, https://www.billingsgazette.com

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Story Topics

Please read our comment policy before commenting.