- Associated Press - Sunday, October 15, 2017

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Portland fire officials say workers installing roofing material unintentionally started a fire on the roof of a vacant high-rise building Sunday morning.

Portland Fire and Rescue said investigators found that flames from a propane torch came in contact with primer and ignited a fire that spread to highly flammable foam insulation.

One worker got second-degree burns when his hand, which was covered in primer, came in contact with the flames. He was evaluated at the scene and declined to be taken to the hospital for treatment.

The building is undergoing renovation.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide