- Associated Press - Monday, October 16, 2017

BROOTEN, Minn. (AP) - An elderly Stearns County man suffered serious burns in an explosion at his home near Brooten.

Eighty-year-old Herman Imdieke told authorities he smelled gas when he came home Sunday evening. An explosion occurred shortly after he began cooking supper.

A neighbor helped Imdieke from the home which was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. Authorities say Imdieke was taken to the Glacier Ridge Hospital in Glenwood with injuries that are not considered life-threatening.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide