- Associated Press - Thursday, October 19, 2017

NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A school bus had quite the scare in Massachusetts after a student’s backpack burst into flames.

Police say the fire happened around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in Northbridge as the students were heading to Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.

The bus driver was able to evacuate the students and use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

Authorities traced the fire to a vape pen battery that had exploded.

No injuries were reported, and a second bus was able to transport the students to their destination.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide