- Associated Press - Friday, October 20, 2017

SAGLE, Idaho (AP) - A northern Idaho tenant who used diesel fuel to start a fire in a fireplace ignited a blaze that destroyed much of the house and caused $300,000 in damage.

Selkirk Fire Chief Ron Stocking tells the Bonner County Daily Bee (https://bit.ly/2gpfhsI) that the female tenant was alone at the time when she started the fire on Thursday in the home near Sagle and received a minor injury.

Stocking says she refused to be transported to a medical facility. Her name wasn’t released.

Stocking says the east side of the house was on fire when firefighters arrived but crews put out the flames within 30 minutes.

The fire chief says accelerants such as diesel fuel shouldn’t be used inside homes to start fires.

___

Information from: Bonner County (Idaho) Daily Bee, https://www.bonnercountydailybee.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide