- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 25, 2017

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say a retired firefighter has died in a house fire in Tennessee.

Madison County Fire Department Chief Eric Turner told the Jackson Sun that 72-year-old Joe Collins was killed in a house fire on Monday morning. Collins was a retired Jackson firefighter who had lived in the home for over 30 years.

Turner says the department received a call around 6 a.m., and that firefighters located the victim during a primary search of the home.

Officials believe the fire was caused by an electrical failure of a multi-plug outlet located in the living room.

Investigators confirmed that the home was equipped with a working smoke alarm. Officials say there was no indication of foul play and all information leans toward an accidental fire.


Information from: The Jackson Sun, http://www.jacksonsun.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide